Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 2: Bling!

If there's a polish that spells BLING to me, it's Lacquistry's I Wear My Jewelry On My Nails. I got it recently in the mail, so this challenge had the perfect timing. It has a clear base with masses of tiny silver and holo glitter, holo bar glitter (yay!), and silver holo hex glitter in at least three different sizes.
The base for this mani here is two coats of Catrice Be Indiglow!, except the ring finger, which is three coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Peachy Keen.
For the ring fingers I painted half moons with Essence Crazy Good Times Confetteria, and popped on a rhinestome. For the rest I dabbed on Lacquistry IWMJONM (whew!) on the tips and down the middle of the nail.
IWMJOMN is my instant favourite glitter polish - at least until I get my hands on the rest of my Lacquistry order. It sets flat on your nails, is as easy to apply as a coarse glitter polish can be, and the roughness of the surface isn't anything a coat of SV could not handle. Seriously, I use two to three coats of SV with, for example, China Glazes Eye Candy collection glitters, which are a lot finer texture than this (and the other Lacquistry polishes I've tried out this far).
Oops, this post was more about the Lacquistry polish than my mani... Just to let you know, I'm not affiliated with Lacquistry in any way, and I paid the full price + shipping for this polish and the others. I'm just impressed.
And here are all the polishes I used - just to show you there's more going on than Lacquistry madness here..:
 Now let's see how the other girls are doing with the challenge!

Amanda of Nox Nails 
Ashley of Smashley Sparkles
Sarah of See Sarah Swatch 
Emily of The Lacquerologist 
Jess of LuvMyLacquer
Tressa of O' Natur Nail 
ChiChi of I'm just me...ChiChi 
Amanda of Berry Polished 
Robin, Erin, and Anna of Polished Cousins

12 comments:

  1. Nice! That's a really pretty glitter polish. I still don't like the blue essence one though... ^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel indie polishes make the best glitters this season...

      Delete
  2. omg I love the essence CGTC!! & IWMJONM is beautiful!!! I'm currently waiting on my first Lacquistry polish- any day now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats for your buy!! What did you get? Lacquistry polishes really look ten times better IRL than in any pics I've seen.

      Delete
    2. Donald Trump's Iguana!!!! I'm stalking my mailbox!!

      Delete
    3. Ooooh, that's pretty!! And I don't have it... I can't go to Etsy anymore - too much temptations.. :)

      Delete
  3. oh i love that lacquistry polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, I wish I had some rhinestones I could have used, looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!
      Rhinestones = the easy way to glam up any mani :)

      Delete
  5. Love the laquistry polish. Love that you paired the glitter with blue (I did too!) Great design for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! I liked your midnight blue design, too. I want to pair this Lacquistry polish with everything!! I think brown or some neons (maybe yellow) will be the next victims of bling... :)

      Delete