Monday, January 2, 2012

SH Wavelength Punk'd

After a season of reds and dark autumn colours, I simply had to get something pink on my nails. So I searched the net for inspiration and came across with this tutorial by Miss80Million for punky pink nail art. I knew I had to copy it instantly. Miss80Millions blog has a lot of tutorials, so it's a great place to search for inspiration - go and check it out if you're in need!
I saw a possibility to use a polish from my untrieds (There are still "some" from my November haul and I just ordered a few bottles more... Just don't tell anyone, ok?) So I chose Sally Hansen HD Wavelength as my base colour. It needed three coats, but resulted in an awesome smooth color-shifting shine.
Following the tutorial, I taped my fingers and painted the stripes Mavala Black. I also had to add some finishing touches with Essence I Love Berlin black striper. The silver dots were put in place with the good old Gosh Silver.
The original had a rhinestone detail, but I was lazy and added dots on the accent nail instead. I got a bit carried away with my dotting tools :)
This was a fun mani, but it survived only for a day. The index finger had a disturbing resemblance with the confederate flag, and besides I had to get my hands on some glitter. You'll soon see a bit of glitz in this little blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment