Saturday, December 31, 2011

You're a Firework!

This is the mani I wore on the last night of the year - a very special night for me and my husband. The pattern reminds me of fireworks. I have a love-hate relationship with them: I love to watch them but hate the waste they produce.
The base has three coats of China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise, which was my long time lemming. I had some application issues, but that was probably because I tried to polish my nails in the balcony in direct sunlight - again. When will I ever learn??!
I added four coats of Piggy Polish Nocture-Nail to have my nails glow in the dark, but to no avail! The polish glows all right in the bottle, but I didn't achieve the effect on my nails (that's why the four coats..). Darn!
Stamping was done with Konad black special polish and BM213. I searched for a pattern that would bring fireworks into my mind, and quite uncreatively ended up with this one. I added some colour with a dotting tool and three shimmering polishes: Zoya Dannii, Essence Colour&go Choose me! and OPI Take the Stage. Of these three Take the Stage had the perfectest formula ever! So beautiful and shimmery for the few little dots I did! I have to get a full mani with that beauty soon!
The mani seemed to lack some sparkle, so I added a coat of OPI Raibow Connection. I decided to keep it for the accent nail only - I've worn a few glitter manis lately and my quota for playing with foil is full.
And here are all the polishes:
With this sparkling mani I want to wish a Happy New Year to you all!
May your year be merry and bright, peaceful and serene, loving and caring, in black and white and all shades there are - and happy altogether!

No comments:

Post a Comment