Saturday, January 14, 2012

Facets of Fuchsia + Rhinestone Overload

I honestly tried to figure out a new way to show you this polish - a real must-have from the 2011 releases: Revlon Facets of Fuchsia.
But.. Things didn't go quite as planned. Layering over purple just made the glitters disappear, over light grey it looked like the dirty slush on the street (would have been better without the black jelly base in the FoF), and over pink it was just a mess (the glitters looked like some horrible disease had struck my nails).
As the last resort I tried to layer it over, not a regular black polish or black jelly, but a shimmering blackened grey polish. So I painted two coats of Essence Vampire's love Hunt Me If You Can as the base. You can see it on its own on my ring finger. Sadly, I don't think it makes much difference under the FoF...
So I left the ring fingers plain and tried to figure out what kind of an accent nail to make. I went through my stash of stickers, decals, stamping plates and whatnot, but finally settled down with my box of rhinestones. One thing led to another and I ended up with loading the accent nail with square rhinestones. Literally. That finger feels a lot heavier than the rest.
 I used a not-so-fast-drying topcoat under the rhinestones, and a coat of Seche Vite over them. And: I love the result in all its blingyness!!! (Is that a word? Propably not..) I know people who would, too, and I know people who'd think I'd totally gone too far. But hey; It's me who's carrying these around!
And here are the polishes:
By the way, I did get a few big silver hex glitters with my FoF. With the first one I thought it had somehow come onto my nail from my desk, but when I look at the bottle real well I see some of those sneaky things floting around in there, too. Has anyone else had this "problem"? Or are the silver glitters meant to be there?

No comments:

Post a Comment