Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 29: Inspired by the Supernatural

When I made this mani a few days ago my head was totally full of Christmas: the food, presents, decorations, songs, memories and pure love. I simply couldn't think of anything "supernatural" not associated with Christmas - luckily there's a lot of magic and unexplained in Christmas..
I started out with a base which is two coats of Color Club Blue-topia. It's a gorgeous deep blue on its own, not leaning to anywhere but blue. I remember some first swatchers writing it is too dark and looks just about black on the nail, but for me it was an instant hit. I then sponged some OPI Last Friday Night on the tips with a sponge eyeshadow applicator. The result was really pretty, like the stars on the sky on a clear night, and somehow looked a lot like a glitter sandwich (propably because of the blue jelly base in LFN).
I had a few stamping ideas with this base, but they all more or less failed. For example, I simply didn't get the "reindeer" image (Or is it really just a regular deer? Or an elk?) from the BM 214 to the stamper. I tried with different bottles of Konad white, with the both ends of the stamper and everything else. Soo annoying, and a dead end for my "flying reindeers" idea.
So, finally, I returned to the idea of a starry sky and came to think of the star of Betlehem. Although the star itself may not be an unexplained phenomenon - I read somewhere it's thought to be a conjunction of two planets - but the story is full of Christmas magic:
"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field keeping watch over their flock by night..."
I hope you had a happy and peaceful Christmas with your loved ones, and can carry some of that peace with you long into the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment