Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 26: Inspired by a Pattern

Today's manicure was inspired by the pattern of my official picnic dress, a checked tight-fitting number with a full circle dress. I feel so girly and rock chick in it at the same time. It's a shame it's too cold for this dress right now...
The base on this was Essence Urban Messages Skyscraper, which is a unique polish by itself, too. It's a off-white greyish base filled with light blue and grey microglitter. Odd one, but I like it!
The thicker lines were sponged (using scotch tape lining and a sponge tip eyeshadow applicator) with Borghese Notte Black. The thinner red lines were drawn with a nail art brush and Revlon's Revlon Red, and the green line with Essence Trust in Fashion.
 The accent finger got a rock'n'roll skull/tattoo sticker, and no stripes. This was the part of the mani I really loved! Luckily I have whole two sheets of these.. :)
And here are the polishes:
I wasn't too happy how this mani turned out, but I'll definitely see some tutorials and give checkers another go. Need to practice those lines before that...


No comments:

Post a Comment