Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 27: Inspired by an Artwork

The work of art I was inspired by, is the Botticelli's "Birth of Venus". Why the most used and abused painting in the world? Well, just because of that. The painting seems to haunt me. In every other hotel room and restaurant I go to, it's there. In the most memorable cases with "Con te partiro" playing in the background..
I didn't even dream of replicating the painting on my nails. Instead,  I picked the different colours and patterns from the artwork: the peach flowered fabric on the right, the Venus's hair, the seashell and the flowers on the blue sky/sea background.
The base colours of this mani were (from right to left in the painting, from pinky to pointer on my nails): China Glaze Peachy Keen, Orly Spark, OPI I Vant to be A-Lone Star with Borghese Luna Pearl and China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le. All were two coats.
Then to the patterns. Pinky and pointer were stamped with Konad white Pearl and Green princess stamping polishes, using m53. Finally I added some pink to the flowers with a nail art brush and OPI Sparrow me the Drama. (Could've done without that!)
Ring finger, which was my favourite, was stamped by China Glaze Trendsetter and BM201.This was a great combo, trendsetter was perfect for stamping, and I'll be sure to try it again.
Middle finger and thumb were both painted some wide lines to resemble the structure of the seashell, with mix of I Vant to be A-Lone Star and China Glaze Concrete catwalk, and then topped off with one more coat of Luna Pearl. The lines don't show in the pics at all, which is a shame! 
And here are the polishes. I'm sure you can figure out, which one is which. If not, just drop me a line in the comments!
Only three more days to go with this challenge! Then I'll be showing you some of my holiday manis!

No comments:

Post a Comment