Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 23: Inspired by a Movie

This was a mani, that was just meant to happen. I knew I was going to Paris (just to change a plane, but anyways) and I needed a movie-inspired mani. The first movie I came to think of was the classic romantic weeper Casablanca, where the quote "We'll always have Paris" is from. And you know which polish that brings to mind...
While I'm not a big fan of romantic movies, I fully subscribe to the idea of "having" or preserving eternally the most precious moments we experience in our lives. Even their memory can fade in time, but they do leave their mark on us, accumulate in us and make us what we are.
I started out this mani with two coats of OPI We'll Always Have Paris Suede, and sponged some OPI Russian Navy Suede to the tips. On the ring fingers I added floral stamping with Konad White pearl stamping polish and m40.

Sorry about these pics, by the way. They were taken with my phone in Paris CDG airport, partly standing in the line to board a plane (like the previous one). But as this was a Paris mani, it had to be pictured in Paris, so just bear with me
There is no topcoat here, because I wanted to preserve the suede shimmer finish. I was a little worried about the stamping, but it endured really well without a topcoat. So don't hesitate to try that at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment