Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 11: Polka Dots

I dreaded this challenge beforehand (well, not as much as the water marble, but anyways). I'm not any kind of a dotting wizard, and my experiments with dotting tools usually produce more inappropriate words than nail art. Well, here's my try.
My real inspiration for dotting is the ever-awesome mother-of-all-dots blog Another Bottle of Polish?! There are just too many creative dotty designs with french tips, with different-sized spots, dotty lines, and everything you could and could not imagine.
There was a real autumn weather for a change, windy and rainy. Suddenly the mud colours in China Glaze Metro collection seemed enticing. I decided to grab the gray creme Concrete Catwalk. I liked the colour, dramatically dark but a subtle gray at the same time, and wore it alone for a day.
I started dotting with China Glaze Thistle from my previously untrieds (the pic above) and went on with Essence Colour&go Frozen Queen. I had hoped the dotting polishes would stand out more from each other, but now it's difficult to even see that there are two different colours on each dot. But the good thing is, with the nail art there's always the next time, and quite near too!
Dotting was actually fun - the most difficult part was to stop in time. (I'm not sure if I managed it this time. The accent nail is pretty crowded.) You'll definitely be seeing more dots in this blog!
And here are the polishes I used (plus some Seche):

2 comments:

  1. I think the whole mani looks great and like it more with the accent nail. Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! :)
    Sometimes I do an accent nail just to try , what would the mani look like if I added something (too lazy to do that on a scrap paper). Or then I just decorate an accent nail, because I'm too lazy to do the design on all the nails. So it's pure laziness behind this..
    :D

    ReplyDelete