Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 7: Black and White Era

I've had these pics in my archive for quite some time, from since I started to think about doing this challenge. (Not literally from the black and white photography era, but almost...) Now, when I look at these, I can at least be happy that my skills in both photography and nail art have developped somewhat...
This is two coats (I think) of Essence Colour&go Fabuless as the base.  I really like to use this as my black polish, because it's not just your average black. It has tiny silvery shimmer in it, which makes the overall tone lean to graffiti.
I taped my nails diagonally and stamped with Konad special white polish and BM224. Starting from the pinky, I made the stamped area slightly bigger in each nail so that the thumbnail was stamped all over. I like that effect - have to repeat it with some other pattern.
The line is drawn with Essence Nail Art pen in Silver White.  I definitely should have used the Konad polish for the line also, now the lines stand out as if they were of totally differet colour. Well, you paint - you learn.
I made this mani to match one of my comfort dresses - that's the black and white fabric on the background. The dress itself is so shabby I only use it at home anymore. It's a shame that, eventually, that's the destiny of your favourite garments...

No comments:

Post a Comment