Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 9: Under the Rainbow

The day nine of the challenge asked for rainbow nails. I had thought about just stamping rainbows on my nails from BM201 (I was on a lazy mood..). But going through my stash and spotting some untried Essence polishes inspired me and here we are: rainbow skittle!
I wanted to do it with all cremes, but had to cheat on my left thumb. I simply don't own a suitable yellow-green creme. This means shopping..
I almost included a pink polish. Even after I checked the actual colours of the rainbow from Wikipedia, I found it hard to resist the pink - my favourite colour on my nails. But if I've learned something in the Uni, it's: "You Don't Tamper With Scientific Facts", so I left the pink out. (How is it possible, by the way, that it could not be included, if rainbow is the continuous spectrum of all visible colours?  Is pink somehow between red and violet, the extreme ends of the spectrum and the top and bottom of a rainbow, and thus is not seen?)
The polishes I used (from left to right) are:
Revlon Revlon red, Essence Colour&go Wake Up!, China Glaze Papaya Punch, China Glaze Electric Pineapple, China Glaze Cha-cha-cha, Essence Colour&go Trust in Fashion, Essence Nail art twins Bella, Essence Nail art twins Bonnie, China Glaze First Mate AND Essence Nail art twins Thelma.

Phew! That was a lot of polishes!
All are two coats except Electric Pineapple, First Mate and Thelma, which needed the third one.
From all of these, the colour I'd definitely wear as a whole mani asap is the bright orange-red Wake Up! I'm trying to figure out the way to use it in one of the forecoming challenges...

No comments:

Post a Comment