Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 12: Wobbles and Stripes

Today's nails feature wobbly stripes and some dotting tool flowers. 
This is a copycat mani again. This time I'm following in the footsteps of Sharon from Polish Infatuated. I've had her totally cute springtime mani in my "read it laters" ever since September (the springtime in Australia). For the Stripes challenge I decided to create an autumn update using the cool faded colours in the OPI Pirates collection. Sharon does some amazingly creative designs, by the way, so please go and check out her blog!
I started out by three coats of OPI Skull and Glossbones on each nail. Either the formula on this was just a little bit streaky or it was just because of the mini brush, but I really needed the three coats. Then I painted thin stripes with the other Pirates collection polishes and a size 0 nail art brush. This was the phase where I once again felt like a 3-year-old learning to hold a pen for the first time. Why do I keep doing things I'm simply not good at?! *sihg* Just because, perhaps? After the stripes I freehanded a french tip with corresponding colour.
For the flowers I grabbed a dotting tool and some more vivid colours. I thought quite a lot about the colour I'd choose for the centers of the flowers. (What do you mean "don't I have anything else to do"?) It could have been white or off-white, but I ended up using China Glaze Trensetter - partly to get it out of my untrieds. Doing ten dots with a polish counts as using it, right? And when I've got no more untrieds I need to buy more polish, right? :)
And finally, here are all the polishes I used: Essence Colour&go Ultimate Pink, OPI Sparrow me the Drama, Catrice Sold Out For Ever, OPI Planks a Lot, Essence Nail Art Twins Thelma, OPI Planks a Lot, Essence Nai Art Twins Bella, OPI Mermaid's Tears, OPI Skull and Glossbones and China Glaze Trendsetter.

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty! I love your take on the spring mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just wish I had as steady hand as you... *goes to practice*

    ReplyDelete