Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 8: Copper Glitters, Too!

The challenge of Day 8 was metallic nails. I was inspired by some new polishes in the Essence Golour&go line: Just in Case (Brown), Be Optimistic (Copper) and Make it Golden (Gold glitter). All that glitters is not gold - copper glitters, too!
I painted every other nail with Just in Case and Be Optimistic, and freehanded a (wobbly) french with the contrasting colour. The right ring finger was left plain and topped with a coat of Make it Golden. Simple but fun!
I'm quite happy with how the colours play together. They remind me of some copper cooking pots and other kitchen decorations in estilo rustico. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens... eugh.
 And here are the polishes. I really like the new Essence glitters: this golden one, Blue Addicted, and Time for Romance, which is a burgundy shade. They have just the right proportions of fine microglitter and larger hex glitters in a matching jelly base. I can't wait my nails to grow just a little bit longer - I'm planning to do a major blue mani which will look absolutely stunning on long, sharpish nails. Just wait and see. (Warning: Some disappointment may occur.)

No comments:

Post a Comment