Monday, May 7, 2012

Gaga for Sandwiching

Recently I scored form clearance 2 Claire's polishes, unnamed green and orange ones (bright, almost neon) with slight shimmer. I'd say their normal price (2,95 euros for each) is ridiculously high for the quality. I got them on sale for 1 euro altoghter, and wouldn't still buy them again. But they were good for some fun sandwiching!
I tried to use them as the base coats, too, but ended up having only a slight tint on my nails after one coat. So I removed that and went to search for other bases from my stash. I was quite happy when I found Ghina Glaze Gaga For Green (one of the three Blossoming polishes I got) paired with China Glaze Papaya Punch. They were a perfect match!
The first pic shows only the base, and the second one is with the Claire's polishes. They're really only adding some subtle shimmer. A bit of a disappointment, I'd say..
The glitter I used for the sandwiching was the Essence Nail Art topper Circus Confetti. On the top of it I added two coats of the Claire's polishes.
On the second day I matified the look using Essence Nail Art topper in Soft touch. This is the look I loved the most! My nails looked like candy!
As the last attempt to make the mani last for another day, I tried to make some scotch tape stripes on the accent finger. I think I cut the tape strips too wide, though, and they were not as neat I had hoped. I used Mavala black as my black polish. Well, better luck next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment