Friday, May 4, 2012

Excuse Mon Papillon!

I intended for once to do something subtle and classy. An adult mani. Well, that didn't quite happen. (If pink glitter and foiled butterflies are suddenly not an adult thing.. No? I thought so..)
Everything was fine with the base colour, Catrice Just Married. It was not totally opaque in two coats, but I had a hinch that I'd be adding a little something more, so I didn't paint the third one.
I sponged the tips with OPI Excuse Moi! from the Muppets collection. Then I added a coat of seche vite to even out the base for stamping.
Then I added some stamping: flowers from Konad m53 with Konad black special polish, and on ring fingers the butterfly image from the same plate. Lastly I coloured the butterfly using the tip of a fine nail art brush and three foil polishes.

What can I say to justify this picture spam.. Just that I loved these a lot and was sad to remove.
 But as always with nail art, there's the option to re-create a design and make it even better. So each removal is a new beginning, too. Quite a philosopher I am, huh?
This last pic is in the sunlight just to show the multicolour glitter in Excuse Moi!. Pretty and bright at the same time, isn't it?
And here are the polishes:
Catrice Just Married
OPI Excuse Moi!
Color Club Foil Me Once
Color Club Hot Like Lava
Gosh Silver
Konad Black special polish

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is so pretty! I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! :) I liked it, too!

      Delete