Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 18: Half Moons

I've made a few half moon manis earlier, so I felt really at home with todays challenge. I also had the colour combination on my mind since I bought the First Mate from the China Glaze's Anchors Away collection. It somehow just landed on my desk beside today's other polish, and that was it. Does that ever happen to you?
Anyway, the Base is Nicole by OPI Pink Different. One coat of this lovely was enough even for mee, and I wore it on it's osn for a day with a skirt with matching bright pattern. A treasure at the price it is! I don't remember the actual price though, just that I bought it in a set of two from a Marshall's for next to nothing.
The half moons were created with hole reinforcer stickers and one coat of China Glaze First Mate. I'm so glad one coat was enough. It would have been a mess to either get the second stickers to exactly the same place or wait until the second layer before removing the first stickers. If you've tried a taped mani, you know that you have to be pretty quick to remove the tape/sticker when the polish is still wet..
And here are the polishes. Don't they make a perfect pair in the bottles, too? Girl polish meets boy polish - sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment