Friday, September 16, 2011

Age of Aquarium

This is a mani I made for my second cousin S, who needed something bright to act as an insect repellent. (Disclaimer: Not sure if nail polish really works that way.) I graciously let her choose the key colour and the theme, which turned out to be "something marine".

I'm sure I've seen these tropical fish/aquarium manis before, but was still quite surprised how well the micropearls in the index and pinky imitated the air bubble effect. Base colour is Rimmel 60 Seconds Sky High, stamped with Konad Pearl wihte special polish and the plate m27. Topped it all off with some glitter, namely Wild and Crazy Super Star and a quick dry top coat.

In these pics S is holding a fish food can. It's not a very good match colourwise, but the theme is perfect!

The last close-ups were taken against the roof of my parents' car in the middle of our road. That gave the neighbors yet something to wonder.. And the car wasn't even moving! Telling them about my hobby would spoil so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment