Friday, July 8, 2011

Like a Virgin

My mother, a total nail art virgin, finally agreed to be used as my nail art guinea pig. She went as far as to let me stamp the tiniest blue butterflies into her ring fingers. Way to go!



This is two coats of Essie My Way. On the ring finger I added a coat of Wild and Crazy Superstar (W142). It's an awesome blue-green duochrome glitter, but unfortunately not very visible in these pics. The butterfly is from fauxnad m66 and stamped with Gemey Bleu Nuit. I also sneaked in a "big" deep blue glitter into the center of the butterfly.

This was the first time I did stamping on someone else's nails. I was surprised how hard it was to get the pattern where I wanted. I definitely need some practice! Got to find more victims...


While I was at it, I stamped on my own nails (see the earlier post) the zebra print from m57 with black Konad special polish. I tried hard to imagine it was a tiger print, but couldn't really go with it. Next time I'll try painting my tiger stripes freehand, if someone doesn't tip me on a grrr-eat pattern on a plate.


Oh, by the way, the thingy I'm holding in these photos is a rosemade of wire and coloured stockings. I just noticed it doesn't look much like it in these pics...




No comments:

Post a Comment