Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vintage Bubblegum

Do not fret, this post doesn't feature my chewed bubblegums from the 80's, but a fun colour combo I made for my manicure today. 

This is three coats of Models Own Peach Puff which I showed you earlier. The half moons were made with hole reinforcers (See a marvellous tuto by Claire here.) and the blue is Models Own Baby Blues. I was planning to add stamping or something with Models Own Jade Stone, but couldn't make up my mind. So I simply chose to add some rhinestones.
Ouch for my cuticles again! Now I solemnly swear to use cuticle oil every single night, no exceptions. I just run out of The Body Shop's perfect Almond Oil, but I still have some Sally Hansen Soy cuticle oil left. The weird thing is, my topcoat (Sec'n dry by Orly) seemed to wash away all the silvery sparkle and colour from the rhinestones. I assure you, that they were sparkly as heck when I applied them. Has this ever happened to you? Or am I just seeing things?
 

I just had to get some vintage thingies into this post, because the nails remind me of some 50's or 60's bubblegum wrap or beauty accessories with their colour combinations and vinyl-like shine.


This is a vintage needle assortiment, still completely intact and in a mint condition. I found a couple of these from an old house going through some renovations.

And this is a hatbox. (OK, it's from IKEA, but the colours just invited me to take this pic).

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the colours you picked, and it's a nice touch to add some vintage-y stuff in your pics! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting :) I love everything vintage, so there's going to be a lot more of that.. I'd always like to show you not only my mani but sort of "how I wore it", what it brings to my mind and how I see it. I'm not always up to that task, but I try...

    ReplyDelete