Saturday, January 12, 2013

G -Get Carried Away

Alright. Let's make it clear right from the start. This manicure is a FAIL. But I blame the polish.
I almost didn't post this one, but without this I wouldn't have gotten forward with the ABC challenge... So bear with me!
 As the base colour I used various greens (from pinky to pointer):
Revlon Beach
Lumene Summer Rain
China Glaze Cha Cha Cha
Wild and Crazy Erie,
And for the thumb two coats of Alessandro Virgin Temptation.
This was actually the fun part, getting to play with my swatchsicles!
The topper and my G-polish is China Glaze Get Carried Away (from the Cirque du Soleil collection).
I think the problem with this polish is -added to the lousy application- the black jelly base. It makes any base colour - except for black - very murky and dirty looking, especially if you have to dab over a spot more than once as I definitely did.
Over red GCA looks decent, but I still think I won't be using this too soon again. This close-up is after two coats of Seche Vite, and as you can see it's still quite bumpy. Not one of my favourites, but maybe I'll create something extra fun for the next letter, H...

No comments:

Post a Comment