Friday, February 17, 2012

Nobody Else Butt You!

I wanna be loved by you, just you, nobody else butt you... Boop-boob-a-doop!
This valentine's mani was inspired by this heart fishtails mani in Chalkboard Nails. Sarah, the lovely blogger there, also calls the top of the heart the "heart's butt" - because that's what it looks like to her (and to me, now that she said it!). So that's why the title..
I wanted to copy her mani, but have the colours to be closer to each other. So I resorted to my new, handy and beloved swatchsicles. You can guess, how many polishes I have swatchsicled altogether! Just throw in a guess, you don't even have to be a polisher to participate! Follow the link at the end of this post.
By the way, I can't say "butt" without seeing this hilarious xerox scene from the movie Despicable Me in front of my eyes. I watched it once on a transatlantic flight. I must admit I know so much better ways to spend time on them...
First I tried to paint all nails in a similar colour combo starting with a base of Sally Hansen I Pink I Can, but I was too lazy to move from the sofa to my desk, painted my nails in bad lighting, and ended up with a patchy base. So I started again and decided to make it a kind of skittle, alternating the order of the colours.
The polishes used were Sally Hansen I Pink I Can, Revlon Bubble Gum, Essie Movers & Shakers, Nicole by OPI Pink Different and Orly Terracotta. As a base all were one coaters, except IPIC and M&S.
 You still have a few days to throw in a guess at my guessing game/mini giveaway! Go ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment