Friday, August 12, 2011

Pink Bling

I've been in want of bling lately, and here's what came out of it. On the base there is three coats of Wild and Crazy Cyber, which on it's own is far from opaque. The nice duochrome flash of blue and purple is clearly visible on the nail, though.

 I was about to make a mosaic mani with scotch tape, but had run out of tape so I resorted to stamping. I used BM plate 225 with Sinful Colors Cream Pink and Rimmel Fruities Strawberry Fizz randomly dotted around the plate before sweeping. Finally I added some rhinestones (from eBay) and off I went.

I've loved this pattern from when I first saw it, but I've had my doubts about it really working, because the stamping colour pools are so large. All those silvery lines you see on the nail are base colour, everything else is stamped. When I initially tried out some polishes for this stamping I was overwhelmed by the stamping potential of the Cream Pink and other Sinful Colors neon polishes. They are a treasure at that price, and worked with this image a lot better than Konad Princess stamping polishes in purple.

On the thumbnails I did a diagonal stamping with the bit of the tape I still had left, and lined it with baby pink micropearls. Of course I poked both of the thumbs somewhere before the topcoat was dry and had to reorganize the pearls. The result of that and added topcoat is sooo visible in the pic. Yuk.
Here are the polishes I used. You won't believe when I tell you the Cream Pink really is a dark pink NEON, not just your regular innocent pink polish she pretends to be in the pic. You sneaky thing!

Sorry about the lousy quality of this pic (I only had my phone with me), but I simply had to include it. Don't you think the champagne bottle duvet cover is the perfect accessory for these nails? Let alone the contents...

No comments:

Post a Comment