Sunday, April 1, 2012

Red, Silver and Studs

This is one of my short lived manicures (from the archives). I don't know why, but for some reason I didn't want to wear this, really. Is it the mani, or is it just me?
The base colours here were Revlon's Revlon Red (a great basic red - my favourite!) and Essence Nail Art Twins Romeo.
The decorations were made using:
China Glaze Love Marilyn in the ring finger half moon
Stamping, dots& lines with Gosh Silver
Plate BM203 (pinky) and m59 (bows)
Silver studs from eBay.
 In retrospect, the only thing that appeals to me in these pics is Love Marilyn on the red base. I'll have to give that another chance.
 And here are the polishes.
 Please don't unfollow me for these! I debated with myself if I should post these at all, but I myself like to see manis that are a bit on the failing side one way or another. You can learn from the mistakes of others, too. And besides, I've got some pretty decent water marbling coming up next...

4 comments:

  1. Is your Revlon Red super hungry, or is it just my bottle? I love the color but it totally eats up anything I put on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, that's odd... I didn't notice anything like that with this mani. But then I only did the decorations the next day from painting the base polishes, so they were really, really, positively dry. What kinds of problems you've had exactly?

      Delete
  2. I love that pewter/red combo. Really hot mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I was a little usure about this myself...

      Delete