Sunday, April 8, 2012

Teal Ombre

Happy Easter everyone! I'm back from a brief holiday and ready to boast a manicure with some serious golden bling. (And open a Cadbury Creme Egg - my Easter treat!)
This is a simple mani, I mean it required zero nail art skills, but still I liked it a lot and wore it for days. And, not unimportantly, at last I got to use my swatchsicles in the way they are at their best - ombre manicures. 
The polishes I used are:
pinky OPI Ski Teal We Drop
ring finger Essence Multidimension Trendsetter
middle finger Sally Hansen Complete Salon Fairy Teal
pointer Essence Multidimension Tryin' to Be Cool
thumb China Glaze For Audrey
All the polishes were two coats, even For Audrey, which I doubted at first.
I couldn't really decide the decorations, but int he end I decided to brush on one coat of Lacquistry 24k Shredded on each nail. And I loved the result!
Especially For Audrey in the thumb enjoyed the golden company. Lacquistry's 24k Shredded was easy to apply, had the perfect golden shade and lied flat on my nails. One thick coat of Seche Vite was enough to smoothen things out.
Here are the polishes and the chosen swatchsicles. I'm already planning a second ombre mani to get to play with the swatchsicles again...

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the teal(s) / gold combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Especially the lighter teals were pretty. :)

      Delete
  2. Oo I have the silver shredded holo but haven't used it yet. This post is making me anxious to use mine lol. I also wanted to let you know that I tagged you for 2 "Blogger Awards". The Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Award :) You can see the details on my blog at the following links: http://berrypolished.com/?p=823 and http://berrypolished.com/?p=876

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks, Amanda!! I already had the Versatile award, but I'm going to put the Liebster Award up asap! I've got the silver holo shredded, too, and I'm loving it! I used it in my runway splatter mani on silver holo base and it was a real bling attack! :)

      Delete