Monday, April 16, 2012

Sweet Hook for Marbling

Today I've got a sweet lilac water marble for you.
Water marbling was really frustrating at first, but now I've learned to love it. Of course the result can be awesome, but I particularly love the process itself: taking my time on a peaceful sunday afternoon, testing different polishes, crowding the dining room table with all my nail stuff, doing one nail at a time and making everyone marvel it...
I liked this a lot, although some of the nails came out a little wonky. (Don't look at my left middle finger..) I feel the most difficult phase in marbling is the dip, and it's easier to do with the right hand, so it's usually the right hand which comes out better. That's what happened here, too.
The base is two coats of China Glaze Sweet Hook - one of the three polishes I decided to get from the spring collection. You've propably seen a million swatches of that, so none of them here.
I did the marble with SH, Flormar U15 and Essence Show your feet Purple Magic. As I've written before, the Flormars are great for marbling. The only problem with them is that they sometimes bleed to some other colours. So some testing is required before the real marbling can begin - as always.
As the final touch I decided to give the ring fingers one coat of Lacquistry Lilacquistry. I love the name almost as much as I love the polish! I want to try that on every colour!! I've got in my mind an awesome purple-teal combo, for instance..
 And here are the polishes I used for the marble.
China Glaze Sweet Hook
Flormar U15
Essence Show your feet Purple Magic
And as the sweet end, I'd like to promote the Just Add Polish's sweet giveaway, where US participants could win the either the Zoya Beach or Surf collection. And there's an option for us internationals, too - any two NfuOh's for example!! Go and participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment