Thursday, August 9, 2012

Green Monarch

This is one of my better manis, and I couldn't stop snapping photos.. Imagine me trying to pick out six from tens of pics, and still thinking they don't do justice to my ten little babies...

The base here is Kiko 396, three coats.
 It was a really amazing duochrome on the nail (just take a look at the bottle!), but I seemed to catch mostly the green tones with my camera. Well, believe me, there is a lot of blue and gold, too.
 On the base I added random sponging with Essence Holografics Blue Ray - which is not holographic, as you know, but a pretty duochrome-ish polish after all.
 I decided at last to give the Monarch butterly mani a try - inspired mainly by the butterfly image on a new Bundle Monster plate.
 I painted the lines with konad Black and dotted the dots with Konad white. These special polishes aren't the best for line drawing, but I didn't have anything else at hand. Don't try this at home, if you don't have to!
Oh, and the stamped butterflies come from BM307.
 I wore this manicure a whole week -a crazy busy week, that is. I was in the organization of a festival, and had absolutely NO time to do my nails. I came home at night, collepsed into my bed, and woke up next morning to the sound of my telephones ringing. Exhausting and intensive but incredibly fun and definitely worth it. And, even better, my nails lasted with me the whole week - except the bit of a tipwear you see in these pics. That's how I like my manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment