Monday, March 25, 2013

N - Navigate Her

My N polish of the ABC Challenge – Essie Navigate Her – is one I considered buying a million times: from an airport in Sweden, from a supermarket in Finland, from a beauty supply in Spain... You name it. 
And for once I'm happy I didn't buy it when I had it right under my nose. In all of the above this polish would have set me back for something like 15 euros. But on my latest trip to the US this beauty was waiting for me on the shelf of one innocent beauty supply for $3,50. 3,50!!! Seriously!!! That's like 2,70 euros, which is more than 5 times cheaper than here in Europe.
Ok, this is a first world problem, but sometimes the world is so unfair!! (It feels less unfair when I think of my free university degree and health insurance, though...)
I started out this manicure with two coats of Essie Navigate Her. Then I added a gradient sponging with Essie Absolutely Shore & AS mixed with white.
Finally, I added some stamping with Barry M Gold Foil.
All other patterns are from DRK-A, except the lightning bolts in the ring finger from BM305.
I loved this manicure, because it combined soft hues and sponging with bold patterns. Yet the result was somehow classy. One of my bestest friends once claimed, that you can't go wrong with reds, you can get a fun and sexy mani with blues, but green just looks odd on nails. Well, it doesn't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment