Thursday, April 19, 2012

Black Lace

I was pestering my husband the other day asking for nail art ideas. At the end he told me to go paint on some black lace and call it "Black Lace". So that's what I did.
The base on most of the fingers is two coats of Essence Colour&Go Wake Up!, and orange/red very opaque creme and a dupe for Essie's later shade "Orange, It's obvious". I've used it before in my rainbow mani, but it had to wait this long to be worn on its own. It really was almost one coater, and the application reminded me of smooth cream. These little paint pots are amazing!
On the accent finger I painted two coats of China Glaze Papaya Punch. Application was a lot trickier with this one, some pooling and dragging was definitely involved.
The needed lace pattern came from m57, stamped with Konad black special polish.
I also tried a taped stamping on the accent finger with BM 225, but didn't like the result too much. Meh. But here are the polishes:
China Glaze Papaya Punch
Essence Colour&Go Wake Up!

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the versatile blogger award. I didn't realize you already had it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me, anyways! :) It's the thought that counts!

      Delete